[antennaware] NEC-4

Roger A. Cox WB0DGF hygain@compuserve.com
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:36:25 -0500

When we purchased NEC-4.1about 3 years ago, the cost was $850 and it came
with the FORTRAN source code, NECPLOT, ZPLOT,PATPLT, and the DIGLIB
graphics library.  These were for VAX/VMS, UNIX and Macintosh computers.
After receipt, we were also able to request a version compiled to run under
MS-DOS.  There is also a very extensive users manual supplied with the
original package.  The UNIX source code files can be sent on 3.5 inch
diskettes in DOS format, so that someone familiar with FORTRAN compiling
should not have too many problems getting it to run on a DOS/Windows
machine.

I'm pretty sure that youu could run NEC-4 from a 486 machine, however it
will be limited by processing speed, and the number of segments may be
limited by your on-board RAM. Pentiums are highly recommended.

To obtain the order form for NEC-4, write to G. J. Burke, L-156, Lawrence
Livermore National Lab, PO Box 5504, Livermore, CA 94550.

There is already a mailing-list for NEC users, called NEC-List.  You can
get more information about this list from: Dave Michelson <davem@ee.ubc.ca>

73 Roger WB0DGF

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/antennaware-faq.html