[antennaware] Modelling beams with linear loading, NEC 4 for the monetarially challenged?

L. B. Cebik cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 21:52:35 -0500 (EST)

Guy,

The cost will depend on yur situation.

You will need a license for NEC-4, which is about $800 commercial, $150 to
approved educational sites.

Then you will need either to develop your own I/O system or purchase one
of the commercial packages.  There are 2.  One is EZNEC Pro, which is an
advanced version of EZNEC 2 with more segments than most of us can use
(tested to 2800 or more) and with NEC-2/NEC-4/NEC-4D (double precision
NEC-4) cores.  The other is GNEC, just now emerging from Nittany
Scientific, which is a windows 95 product.  It enables use of virtually
the entire NEC Deck (all allowed inputs, including helices, caternary
wires, networks, Green's functions, etc.) with both NEC-2/NEC-4 cores.
Price range for commercial software is $600-800, with a proof of license
required before the NEC-4 core can be shipped.

Contact information is in an article in the current QEX or at my web site,
along with URLs for available web pages.

Hope this is useful.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

--