[antennaware] Vertically polarized delta loop formula?

K4SB k4sb@mindspring.com
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 01:01:46 -0800

Tom Berry wrote:

> I'm not sure if this question is appropriate for this forum but....
> even though the model looks great for the 17.5 % feed point, I have
> never had any luck in actual practice getting it to work with an
> equilateral triangle on 40 meters.   The top was up 52 feet.  It
> always works best feed in the corner.
> 73 Tom AA4VV

Tom, if the top is at 52', you've got the thing way too high off the ground.
Try bringing it down
to where the bottom wire is about 5' off the ground.

Actually, the problem with this antenna is that it has such a low TO angle,
it's a very poor
performer out to about 5000 miles.

73

Ed