[antennaware] Antennas over steel and concrete

Guy Olinger, K2AV Guy Olinger, K2AV" <k2av@qsl.net
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 18:19:17 -0500

Hi again.

The difference between ordinary earth and a concrete rebar roof could easily
account for the difference you observe. This is so, particularly, if the
roof's connection with conducting vertical sides of the building are low
impedance at the frequency in use.

I would try making the adjustment to the feedpoint to get 50 ohms, or use a
tuner at the transceiver (borrow if needbe). The antenna may play like
gangbusters. Check out the performance before you tear it down or give up on
it. Performance and feedpoint impedance are independent concepts.

73, Guy.

Guy L. Olinger
k2av@qsl.net
Apex, NC, USA