[antennaware] Cloud Burner additions

L. B. Cebik cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 08:01:48 -0500 (EST)

the Notes on Cloud Burners (NVIS), including a scan of gain vs. soil type
vs. 1 wl loop height and a check of possible advantages of going to fat
wire or multi-wire loops.  These notes, incidentally, are not intended to
be any sort of definitive study of NVIS, but are only some casual modeling
done to answer some questions posed by typical back-yard builders who
enjoy this mode of short distance HF communications.  I hope they are
useful.

While I was not looking, the counter (installed 8-20-98) passed the 60K
visit mark.  So I am guessing that either something useful or something
curious is at the site.  Either way, I'll keep trying to finish some of
the unfinished items and add some new ones as time permits.  My thanks
also to the folks who have taken a second to say thanks or who have posed
some questions (many of which result in further notes).

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/antennaware-faq.html
Submissions:              antennaware@contesting.com