[antennaware] EZNEC modeling

L. B. Cebik cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:56:24 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Guy Olinger, K2AV wrote:

>Oohh.  Not without using graph paper to draw and reentering the
>coordinates. Would love it if someone had a better way.

There is a way for modeling systems having an equation-based input system.
Tight now, I think that is restricted to AO and NEC-Win Plus among the
common programs, although interfaces developed by individuals and those
using MATLAB can also do the job.

For simplicity, use a model with uniform element diameters--for example,
taking the modeled equivalent elements from the EZNEC or NECWin+ files.

Convert these into a set of equations so that the entire structure rotates
about a common center, with a variable for orientation.  Then
increase/decrease the variable for angular change.  Each coordinate will
be a certain distance from center for any direction, and this can be
translated into a new set of coordinates for the elements.  Sources and
loads will maintain their position.  The entire set of coordinates can be
handled, of course, for tapered diameter schedules, although the exercise
becomes lengthy.

For simple 90-degree increments, it is simpler to rewrite the movable part
of the overall model.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    Tel: (865) 938-6335
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---    http://www.cebik.com
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /    e-mail: cebik@utk.edu
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||     e-mail: w4rnl@arrl.org

--