[antennaware] vertical modelling

Arie.Voors@ict.nl Arie.Voors@ict.nl
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:19:39 +0200

For a periode of time now I am trying to modell a vertical with a two spoke top
hat (80 m dipole) and a radial ground screen.

The actual (burried) ground screen consists of about 20-30 copper wires with
lengths between 1/8 and 1/4 wavelengt;
some without, but mostly with one or two copper ground stake pipes (5 meters
long).

The measured impedance is about 45 + j 400 ohms.

The modelled antenna, using a 20 radial ground screen elevated 20 cm above
ground, gives me an impedance of 22 +j 150 ohms

I can not beleave that my ground (screen) has such a 'big' impedance of about 23
ohms.

My modelling of antenna systems, not using a ground screen, works very well.

The question is, is it possible with nec-2 to model such a vertical antenna
system
by using a ground plane elevated above ground, or do I have to use nec-4 ?

Is it possible for 'normal' people, not connected to any official company or so,
to get a PC based nec-4 executable ?

Another question is, if there are people who have succecfully modelled a
vertikal antenna with
a burried ground screen using nec-2 ?

If so, is it possible for me to recieve a copy of this model ?

Thanks in advance,

Arie.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/antennaware