[Antennaware] Height

Fabio IZ4AFW fabio.mantovani at inwind.it
Fri Apr 18 13:05:08 EDT 2003

At 23.50 17.04.2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi again Fabio and Guy,
>Oh, I didn´t know you were  surrounded by so many buildings close to your
>QTH, Fabio. It will therefore give you a very complex take-off  picture.
>If you have a 3-4 el beam on 20m it will give you the maximum signal in
>approx 12 degrees anyhow , but you will have a bit worse front to back and
>a bit worse gain than you will have if you put up an antenna with
>"nothing" surrounding your QTH.
>
>But you have to deal with the situation and you will have many good QSO:s
>in the future.
>
>I can tell you, I have two QTH:s, one close to the town with many houses
>around my QTH, and one at my summer-QTH 100m away from the Baltic sea. And
>what a difference. With the same type of antenna at equal higth  I have to
>use the PA (+15 dB) at my ordinary QTH and doesn´t  come up to the same
>signal as I get from my summer-QTH without the PA.
>
>73 de Owe /SM3CWE

Yes, I thought that I'm far from the ideal situation, but, as you say, I
have to deal with it... I'm happy I can have a tower and a decent antenna
soon :)
All these questions are because in the long-term I'd like to try some sort
of stacking... maybe only on 10m or on 15m, placing a second antenna, maybe
fixed on the USA, at a lower height on the tower. Because of tower height
(12m) I think the only "interesting" solution could be a monobander for 10
o 15, about 4 o 5 meters from the roof....but I'm asking if the performance
gain is worth the effort...
The final configuration should be a TH6DX @25m from the ground (about 12m
from the roof) and the second antenna (homebuilt monobander) @17/18m from
the ground (4 or 5m from the roof)