[Antennaware] Modeling questions

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Apr 29 18:43:24 EDT 2003

Thanks, Gary.  This K3LR-type array seems to be very sensitive to the load
value at the base of the tower, but even more so to ground
conductivity.  If I vary the tower-base load from 0 to 25 ohms, over very
good ground, the modeled gain goes from 6.05 to 3.82 dBi.  On the other
hand, going from poor ground to very good (0.5/13 to 0.3/20), with the
tower-base load set at 10 ohms, changes the gain from 2.08 dBi to
5.04.  Resonant frequency, meanwhile, changes not at all in response to
ground quality.  I didn't really expect that.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower