[Antennaware] Re: Too good to be true

Guy Olinger, K2AV olinger at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 7 11:03:22 EDT 2004

LB,

Thank you. At some point my brain just shut off and would not see
anything else.

Yes, the cut at the top is intentional.

Will respace the ground mat wires and see if gain suddenly ramps off.
Same with mat height above ground, which is now a couple of wire
diameters.

Will have to reconstruct the area around the sources to fix those
segmentations, but easily done. Will repost after the corrections are
made.

Again, thanks.

Guy.

Notes to other readers as well:

Wire 4 is to simulate a supporting tower, and like the tower, its
bottom is just in the ground and subject to whatever loss that may
cause if the base of the tower is carrying a current.

I am calling this a "cut triangle", which in some sizes HAD appeared
to have less ground loss than other antennas. If anyone knows an
earlier attribution of this antenna (e.g. W9WXYZ triangle), it would
be nice to know.

Some experimenters in this area have these in the air and report
"good" results, but none of them have attempted split feed against a
folded current sink, as in this model, which allows distinct phasing
and current in the two elements.

Nor has anyone been able to attempt optimization of the antenna's good
points through modeling.

I have some requests for the .EZ version. I will put that off until
LB's points are incorporated.