[Antennaware] Diamond Antenna performance

Daniel Hileman n9wx_dan at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 01:51:24 EST 2005

Hi Everyone,
I have a friend who has a saturn Ion, on which he has
mounted a Diamond SG7900A 2m/440 antenna.(on the
trunk)
 The problem is that the performance doesn't seem
quite up to power...it works "OK" but just "OK."
Another friend has the exact antenna on a neon (on the
trunk) and has very noticably better performance.
Soooo, Here's what we are thinking...the Ion is mostly
made of plastic whereas the neon, metal and this is
the root of the problem.
So, are there any suggestions on what can be done to
improve the performace of the diamond on this
"plastic"  car???

Thanks and 73 to all,

Daniel N9WX