[Antennaware] Receiving Loop

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Sun Aug 13 14:26:11 EDT 2006

____

> Start here: http://www.w8ji.com/magnetic_receiving_loops.htm
>
> 73, Terry N6RY
____

I agree with N6RY ... and be VERY careful about some of the early ham radio
references you may find.  These loops were not well understood by the ham
community -- which is surprising since the key reference books had excellent
explanations. They are EE-level, but good info can be gleaned by an
interested semi-technical ham.

Frederick Terman, RADIO ENGINEER'S HANDBOOK, 1st. ed., 1943
John Kraus (W8JK), ANTENNAS, 1st ed.,1950
Henry Jasik, editor, ANTENNA ENGINEERING HANDBOOK, 1st. ed., 1961 (mainly
Ch.28 on Direction-Finding Antennas)

73, Gary
K9AY