[Antennaware] Modelling help needed for160 m L-antenna on 20m

Guy Olinger, K2AV olinger at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 30 12:09:21 EST 2007

The pattern for either band resembles a water lily, many small lobes
at various elevations around the entire compass, with more power at
higher angles.

Low SWR on 24 and 28 may indicate loss in the system at those
frequencies as modeling over ideal ground gives impedances that are
definitely not going to be interpreted as "low" swr.

Given how small antennas are at 24/28, there are numerous basic and
easy to construct designs that would perform far better, including a
simple rotatable dipole.

73, Guy