[Antennaware] Antenna wire in EZNEC

Andrew Ikin andrew.ikin at btopenworld.com
Tue May 6 15:09:07 EDT 2008

Hello Guys,

I have a model for loop antenna.  I have noticed that if I increase the wire diam. from 0.5mm to say 12mm for a 20m circumfrence wire loop antenna the 1.1MHz gain goes up from -28dBi to -13dBi. Increasing the diam. again to 100mm the gain is now -5dBi.

Is the increase in gain due to lower wire resistance or a reduction in the loop inductance or both?

Can I use say 300 Ohm ribbon ( wires in parallel ) to get the same results as 12mm diam wire. Also can I use two wires spaced 100mm to simulate a 100mm diam wire?

73

Andrew G8LUG