[Antennaware] Vertical Dipoles

Norman Alexander npalex at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 29 14:53:51 PST 2009

The type of antenna you described is often referred to as a coaxial center fed dipole.  The problem you have to solve is removing the interaction of the coax exiting the end of the array, RF decoupling the coax.  This can be achieved by sleeving the coax as it exits the tubing with Ferrite "beads" - I would estimate about 10 to 12 would be adequate for 20m.

 Regards,

Norm W4QN