[Antennaware] studying legacy KLM 20m big stick with eznec5
w5xz at att.net
Tue Mar 17 13:44:54 PDT 2009
* seems like a good idea to me, anyway. less weight and wind loading
you driving one and leaving the other in place (i.e. 6 total).
* but i would consider this also, if its 'better', mostly simpler or
* has enough incremental gain to justify the weight and wind load.
is probably little difference in the OWA approach vs log cell (i.e.
both using 6 total elements with the OWA having a close-spaced director
to match 50 ohms).
YO7 has models of KLM antennas including the log cells, and
it's fairly easy to optimize the original KLM designs with YO7.
* YO7 seems to no longer be available to the public.
* I have tried to get YO7, from K6STI, but brian is not the least bit interested
* in selling any more copies. he is totally burned out on ham radio.
* is there a currently available equivalent software package?
73, Bill W4ZV
Antennaware mailing list
Antennaware at contesting.com
>curiously, though, by tweaking the single driven element length, i
get a pretty
swr / freq bandwidth with it fed DIRECTLY with 50 ohms. was thinking of
applying the 'owa' approach with an additional director, closely spaced to
the driven element, but it does not seem necessary.
You didn't really say what you're doing. Are you replacing
the dual driven log cell with a single element (i.e. 5 total)
More information about the Antennaware