[Antennaware] Ideas on how to mount 6 M j-pole?

Shon Edwards sre.1966 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 10:04:18 PST 2010

Does anyone have any ideas on how to mount a j-pole on the edge of a roof,
which is for the 6-m band?  It is absolutely huge (somewhere between 13 and
14 feet high, I believe).  The wind seems to be able to move it around more
than I thought it would before getting the antenna.

Very nice antenna, though, for a j-pole (dipole), and with it on the ground
have been able to hit repeaters as far away as 50 miles with mountains
inbetween.  (That knife-edge has always been wonderful to me.  To digress a
moment, I was able once to talk with my wife on simplex 30 miles apart, with
each of us on opposite sides of a 11,000 foot high mountain, with full
quieting.)

Thanks in advance,

73 de Shon, KO3U

--