[Antennaware] J-Pole

Guy Olinger k2av at contesting.com
Wed Aug 6 01:00:57 EDT 2014

VHF Experience:

Used many times. On 2 meters, clearly quite a better base station antenna
for an emergency setup than a 1/4 wave on the antenna jack of a 2 meter
transceiver. Way, way better than a duckie. Easily the difference between
making and failing a difficult path to a repeater, or the difference
between being able to run high or low power for battery life. If made from
300 ohm twin lead, easily rolled up for transportation or storage and fits
nicely in a compact kit of E-setup necessaries, and strung up with a piece
of twine to any convenient support point including from duk-tape stuck to
ceiling. Not as good as a multi-collinear radiator like a Station Master,
but have used twin lead J pole as temporary repeater antenna while we fixed
ice damage to station master and feed up the tower.

73, Guy K2AV