[Antennaware] Modding the 6M Cushcraft A505S?

Ron Youvan ka4inm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:49:53 EDT 2016

  Gary KA1J Smith wrote:

> I was considering making a 6M Yagi and
> still would like to but realizing my time
> constraints with upcoming ankle/leg
> surgery this fall, I'm better to buy a
> turnkey antenna and put it together on the
> roof and just be done with it. Until I
> relocate to a better place to put up
> antennas have a tower.

> It was suggested to the me that the 5
> element Cushcraft A505S is a good choice
> but I see it has a 1KW limit and I want
> something with a 1.5KW limit as I have a
> 1.5KW King Conversions amp. Has anyone any
> experience in converting this antenna into
> one that takes 1.5KW?

   Not me.
   I have one of these.  The only power limiting thing that I am aware
of is the gamma match components.
If you replaced the tubing, dielectric, inner conductor and clamps with
those twice the diameter you should be golden.
--
   Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                 Every action results in unwanted side effects.