[Antennaware] Help with Short Dipole

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Fri Mar 8 17:16:57 EST 2019

I have a quick question regarding loading inductor winding sense for an
antenna like a center loaded dipole.

I am about ready to wind my loading coils on the same 26" long, 4.5" dia
PVC form. I plan on leaving ~2" between the two inductors in the center
of my form.

I was wondering if the "sense" of the turns of the 2 inductors should
match those of each other? I think the mutual inductive coupling should
be minimal but thought I should get a 2nd opinion before I go to a lot
of trouble. My gut tells me to wind both inductors with the turns all
going in the "same" direction.

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....