[Antennaware] Very Low Dipole Radiation Resistance

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Sun Mar 17 22:25:36 EDT 2019

Hi Terry and thanks for your input. I realized I would have some
additional complications & uncertainties if I were to go by measurements
from the shack alone as I have already permanently installed within my
PVC tubing a large CM choke. I could guess as to the length of that
exact coax used but that affirms what you said about there being a lot
of approximations involved either way. Any measurements and calculations
based on them would already have a wider tolerance.

BTW, I made some more progress and walked out the two separate runs of
very springy, coiled, and hard drawn wire....OMG was that ever fun. I
had forgot how long 300' was for a single length of wire. It almost
turned into a scene from the 3-stooges when I let the end slip out of my
hand and it turned into a HUGE "slinky-mess" moving across the muddy
lawn at 50 MPH LOL.

Anyway, I will be running 30-40W TPO in the shack and about 280' of coax
to the feedpoint from the shack. Thanks agn 73

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....