[Antennaware] LowBandDXing

Karin Johnson karinann at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Aug 31 19:26:05 EDT 2021

Hi Guy:

I am running the EZNEC model "ch11-2el-endf+hyb-80m-50ohm.EZ" model, from
the CD that accompanies the book

With no changes to the file at all.

The error I get when running SWR from 3 to 4 MHz is:

" All calculated data invalid due to negative calculated total power.

 Most likely causes are a network with difficult values, or source in a
small loop."

If I run the file " 2el-EF-commerc-hyb-80m-nocomp.EZ", it runs fine with no
errors.

I will have to compare the two files to see what the difference is.

I have two 3/8 wavelength 40 meter verticals that I am going to play with to
try to phase them.

I have HP8753C VNA, plus HP 8405A Vector Voltmeter for test equipment.

I'm going to do some simulation work first to see if the phasing project is
even worthwhile.

The two antennas are not truly perpendicular to earth.  Both of them slope
at about a 20 degree angle

Relative to earth.  Each antenna has a matching network at the base, which
presents about the same

Impedance compared to the other.  I've  not calculated mutual impedance just
yet.

I have a lot of experience in microwave RF design, so the math and physics
are not new to me.

Let me know if you wish to correspond with me regarding my progress, or not
so much progress.

Karin K3UU