[CCF] Lisää kuuluisia amatöörejä... v alitettavasti!

harri.mantila@nokia.com harri.mantila@nokia.com
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 19:59:46 +0300

Moi!

Tiesittekös, että tämä superhakkeri Kevinkin oli radioamatööri? Löytyihän
koolikin Kevinille hakkeri... eikun hakupalvelusta... hän on N6NHG.

Kevin Mitnick: Criminal or Conspiracy Victim?

Kevin Mitnick is arguably the most famous hacker in history. Kevin said his
fascination with technology
began at age 11 when he swept the floors and did inventory at Radio Shack in
exchange for getting to tinker with their HAM radios. "I always carried my
HAM radio with me," he said. "I wasn't much into social
relationships. As a kid, I was overweight. I didn't make friends easy and
one of the ways I could talk to
people was over the radio. Even today, I still use HAM radio." Kevin began
his hacker habits when he was a teenager, and his skills gained vigor during
his days at Pierce College. For the next 15 years, Kevin would break into
computers and curiously snoop around and steal information. He never did an
extreme amount of damage, but people noticed his visitations and tried to
stop him. This only made Kevin vengeful and he took actions such as
tampering with victim's phone service, electronic mail, credit records, and
job records. Kevin never stopped even though he was arrested for digital
trespassing five times. Kevin's obsessive breaking and entering made him a
legend, both in the underground world of hackers and in the headlines of The
New York Times. New York Times reporter John Markoff followed Kevin's every
move and featured Kevin in a book called Cyberpunk in which Kevin was one of
the main characters. Markoff then wrote a front-page story for the Times on
July 4, 1994 that portrayed Kevin as a superhacker who could wreak
cyberhavoc if not caught.

73,
Harry OH6YF
Harri M. Mantila