[CCF] FW: [ntcc] WPX results

esa.p.korhonen@nokia.com esa.p.korhonen@nokia.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:57:33 -0600

Moi,
joku ihmetteli jenkkien puutetta kympilla....taalla taas kaverit valittaa
euroopan puuttumista. Tuolla allaolevalla kaverilla on ihan kohtuullinen
setup kympille. Enpa tainnut kelien puolesta menettaa paljon kun en talla
kertaa itse pystynyt osallistumaan.

73!  Esa w5/oh7wv

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Jim Eppright [mailto:k5rx@pulse.net]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 11:37 PM
To: NTCC
Subject: [ntcc] WPX results

NE5D 10 SB

About 2080 x 822 = 4meg (more than 1 meg below last year)

Hard time hearing the static crashes and thunder Saturday morning
through the precip static!

Plus EU was not good, with the direct path opening very late.  Only
southern EU Sat except for a couple of weak G's, OT1 and a couple of
scatter DL's.

Great to JA Sat and Sunday.  VR2BG was very loud Sat.  Zone 18 also came
in.

Lots of good DX.  2 SU's, 2 9K's, handful of TA's, J28, V5 called in.
No 4X heard.  A61AJ weak, but JY9NX had a good sig.

Sunday worked only 2 weak OH's and one ES, but several SM's and a few
LA's.  RU1A was very weak, and the little gun UA6's were strong.
Fortunately the G's and DL's were much better than Saturday.  JA came in
around 1800Z via NE path that I have only seen from Caribbean, never
here.  Worked a Zone 17 RA9 and one UN.

The 2X1 call is a real advantage in this contest.  Three EU asked for my
QSL manager!

Good job RA, NT and GSL, and at least you were on CC!

CUL and curses on you guys who didn't try to work me.  Better make sure
you work me in the next 160 test.

73

RX

--