[CCF] ARRL and eQSL

jari.talkara@nokia.com jari.talkara@nokia.com
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 06:01:13 +0200

ELECTRONIC QSL POLICY  ---> The following  is an abstract  from an ARRL  News
Release dated 7 March: " Recent discussion regarding the QSL service  offered
by eQSL.cc (TM) suggests that there is some confusion about ARRL QSL  policy.
Simply put, there has been no  change in League policy regarding eQSLs.  ARRL
does not  accept  QSLs  that  have been  transmitted  to  the  recipient  via
electronic means for its awards. Anyone, acting as an authorized QSL manager,
however, may receive logs via email (or any other direct means) and send  QSL
cards, via post  mail, to  recipients. This  is the  traditional QSL  manager
process. As  has  always been  the  case, certain  norms  are  expected  when
handling cards in this manner. First, we expect that a QSL manager will  seek
permission from operators for whom QSLs are handled. Second, we expect that a
QSL manager will do the checking  required to assure that only real  contacts
are verified.  Also, we  expect to  be able  to identify  cards as  authentic
(cards should be personalized or otherwise  made unique through the use of  a
stamp or  other  personal mark  -  signature or  initials  - across  a  label
boundary). Finally, we consider it an  ethics violation if cards can only  be
claimed through payment of a fee, and thus we will not accept cards for  DXCC
credit for which  a fixed  charge is  made." For  further information  please
contact     Wayne      Mills,     N7NG      (n7ng@arrl.org)     or      visit
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2002/03/07/100/?nc=1

425DXNewaiatä poimittuna,
73 Jari OH1BOI (OH1BOI@sral.fi)