[CCF] SAC 2002 SSB - OH4R - SOAB LP

Marko Holmavuo marko.holmavuo@dnainternet.net
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 19:12:49 +0300

                                SAC SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 28-Sep-02, 29-Sep-02

    Callsign Used : OH4R
         Operator : OH4JFN

         Category : SOAB LP

             Name : Marko Holmavuo
          Address : Rummukantie 840
   City/State/Zip : 77430 Siikamaki
          Country : Finland

        Team/Club : Contest Club Finland

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries

   80SSB      62          61        131        21
   40SSB     183         177        425        39
   20SSB     377         370        857        57
   15SSB     598         585       1453        63
   10SSB     216         209        476        53

 Totals     1436        1402       3342       233

    Final Score = 778686 points.

 Comments:

 During CW part I broke the linear which I was going to use also in SSB
part.
 Luckily I get it work again or at least I thought so, but during friday
when
 I made some preliminary test to station I noticed that now the HV power
 said *KAPUUM* some resistors were blown...Ok fine, I took second linear and
 noticed that ****** happens. The antenna relay was in bad mood and
attenuated
 signals much. And also there was some mysticous delay in somewhere
releasing
 the antenna relay..so I decided to drop all powers off and run with LP.
 It was hard time to get motivation back during friday evening and saturday
morning.

 I knew that there will be some real competition in LP-class. Pasi was
danced
 "Paksalo polkka" from OH6M during sac cw contest and almost
 kicked my butt even I was running HP. What so ever the contest started and
the mood
 was good. I thought that it would be time to dance some good "Villenmäki
Rumba" during
 next 24h. I started to run stations as much as possible. The propagation
wasn't bad at all
 and I was feeling good. I was quite suprised at saturday evening when I
noticed that
 I was about 200 qsos away from OH6M and propably also from OH6NIO. I knew
that night
 would be hard and I should be carefull..Couple of years ago I was heavily
knocked
 by OH4YR during night time. I think that I really need more experience
about
 low band contesting. Anyway Sunday morning I noticed that no problem, I
still have
 some leading position compared to some other LP stations. So far not so
much
 Rumba was danced. I noticed moderete JA opening at 15m and tried to get
 things going. After that when JA's was worked I started to play smooth
Rumba
 and almost every station was moved from band to other.
 I want to say very big thanks to all stations who danced with me=)

 I knew that It would be hard to beat scandinavian record, but it could be
possible.
 During last hours I managed to dance Villenmäki rumba with many good
multipliers
 from 20 to 10 and managed to get reasonable amount of multipliers...I'm
quite
 satisfied to this effort. It seems that old scandinavian record is
broken...
 OH6M did it, I did it..It will be nice to see what other LP peoples did

 Nice activity, Nice time...I'll be back!

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.

 Date __2.10.2002___   Signed __Marko Holmavuo_____________  Call
__oh4jfn___