[CCF] CQWW CW OH2NN

Seppo Niemispelto seppo.niemispelto at kolumbus.fi
Thu Dec 25 23:17:05 EST 2003

Taas turistiluokassa:
"CALLSIGN: OH2NN
CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL LOW CW
CLAIMED-SCORE: 458400
CLUB: CONTEST CLUB FINLAND (CCF)
CONTEST: CQ-WW-CW
OPERATOR: OH2NN
SOAPBOX: Handicapped set-up (Tower rotator and ant.switching cable broken):
Antennas: 160m Inv.L, 80m Delta loop, 40m GP, 20m 4el fixed yagi + R5,
15/10m R5
First I did not intend to work but 160m single band. However, the antenna
did not perform very well due to the wet WX, and that is why I started
working also other bands little by little. As I started using the 14MHz yagi
only on Sunday afternoon, and turned the tower manually once - to NW- the
number of multipliers was low. Using the other yagis would have meant
running to the tower and climbing up to the relay box to change the feeder
cable to different monoyagis manually. I was too lazy for that kind of an
exercise !
However, as I did not participate in CQWW last year, I enjoyed the contest
very much, despite the frustrations when trying to get through in DX
pile-ups with LP signal and non-directive antennas !"

585 QSOs, 1200 pts,94 zones, 288 countries

Selkävaivat ovat parin viime vuoden aikana laimentaneet intoa kunnostaa
antenneja tai rakennella uusia, joten on siksi tyydyttävä vähempään !
Toivottavasti vielä joskus voisi olla paremmin varustautunut !

73 ja H.N.Y 2004 kaikille !
Seppo-OH2NN