[CCF] WPX CW OH0B(OH2JTE) SOAB HP

Toni Linden oh2jte at luukku.com
Tue Jun 3 18:34:55 EDT 2003

                   CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OH0B
Operator(s): OH2JTE
Station: OH0B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   11
   80:   97
   40:  445
   20: 1238
   15:  966
   10:  404
------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Once again I´d a chance to hit the airwaves at OH0B contest site.
One doesn´t have to think twice to use such a possibility ;)
So there I was - ready to fight for every single Qso in somewhat
disturbed conditions. I had a strategy to operate as much as possible
in the 1st 24 hours, and after that to look how to use those restperiods
on the 2nd day. On first day I took only one hour off-time before going
to bed for a short nap before the 40m stateside run... That nap wasn´t so
short
and I woke up 3 hours later than expected.
Good bye stateside run on 40m...

Good thing was that I didn´t had to worry about those restperiods
anymore. Well I still had some off-time to be used, but those morning
hours would had been useful to use for operating instead of sleeping.
On Sunday propagation was even worse than on Saturday and most of the time
I spent for working Europeans and S&P with 2nd radio at the same time. I
think
there´s not many EU-stations who had more Q´s than I, but only 35% of DX Q´s
isn´t enough... Now when I look the contest afterwards, I should had worked
lot more on lowbands for better pts/Q value. Once again it was proved, like
Eric
K3NA has told us, that rate-meter is not your friend, it´s yours enemy ;)

Thanks to the team behing OH0B contest site and thanks to all of you
for Qsos we had.

73 & see ya in the pileup´s de Toni OH2JTE