[CCF] JATKO: Re: [Trlog] TR 6.59 cabrillo wrong in SAC

marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net
Thu Nov 20 09:45:21 EST 2003

Sorry about forwarding this, but this issues should be handled somehow...?

Br,
Marko OH4JFN

----- Jatkoviesti osoitteesta VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg at harts.org.hk> ----
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:46:31 +0000
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg at harts.org.hk>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR 6.59 cabrillo wrong in SAC
To: trlog at contesting.com

SM5AJV missed something with:

>Cabrillo for SAC is OK if you use TR 6.61 or later.
>
>The only 2 things you have to change is:
>
>1. Change 'CONTEST: SAC' to 'CONTEST: SAC-CW' or
>    'CONTEST: SAC-SSB'
>
>2. Remove the mode indication in the 'CATEGORY:' field.

Which is:

3. Add SOAPBOX: field thanking SAC for bodging Cabrillo.

Tree's post on this includes two good points which deserve
repeating here in hopes that the bodgers might see it:

"Well, the first issue I have is that the SAC is not listed on the Cabrillo
spec web page - therefore it isn't really correct to say there is a Cabrillo
standard for the SAC contest."

"Have the SAC sponsors work with Trey to get their contest listed there."

If it isn't defined at http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/ then it's something
else - JARTS has Jabrillo, SAC has Scandarillo... the JAs are always
weird & therefore we expect strange things from them, but imagine what
things could be like if the Scandahoovians started twisting standards like
GSM or DVB.

Interestingly, I didn't do what Ingo suggests above & I still got two replies
from OH6LI confirming my recent SAC entry was okay as received...  I
just did POST C (6.76, part of 6.77 release) with my .dat file & see that what
I sent in didn't require any manual editing in order to be accepted (actual
entry from POST 6.74).

73, VR2BrettGraham