[CCF] CQ WW Phone OH2BH, SOSB 15 HP

Ilkka Korpela Ilkka.Korpela at Helsinki.fi
Wed Nov 3 02:48:37 EST 2004

                               CQ WW SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign Used : OH2BH
             Name : Ilkka Korpela OH1WZ
          Address : Bolsangsvagen 13
   City/State/Zip : 06830 Kulloby
          Country : Finland
        Team/Club : CCF

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries   Zones
   15SSB    2480        2452       5319       160        39

    Final Score = 1058481 points.

Comments:

  We decided to try out breaking the OH-record (SOSB 15 HP) at 1.14 Meg.
  Everything was ready: a good plan, two large yagi-arrays, radios,
  and a motivated operator.

  All worked as planned except for the W/VE qso-total. The aim
  was to log between 900 and 1000 WVEs, but the condx just weren't
  there  (anymore). We had to settle for 500,
  which gave a 1.06 Meg total score.

  Thanks to Jukka at OH0V for "sharing the pain" with me. I had
  Jukka, a good SOSB-benchmark (Jyrä in Finnish), there for comparing
  the scores at times.

  Many guys tried to make me into ZA/OH2BH. I had to add "from
  homestation" or "in Finland" in my CQ calls. Let's see what the
  UBN-lists look like :)

  I wonder how it is in statistical terms: are the condx just prior
  to the contest weekend better than during the test? At 60N, 25E
  a K-index of between 4 and 5 is intolerable.

  73s and cu in CW. ILKKA OH1WZ

      Continent List  CONTINENTS IN LOG
                   160    80    40    20    15
                   ---    --    --    --    --
  USA calls   =      0     0     0     0   466
  VE calls    =      0     0     0     0    56
  N.A. calls  =      0     0     0     0    45
  S.A. calls  =      0     0     0     0    67
  Euro calls  =      0     0     0     0  1020
  Afrc calls  =      0     0     0     0    48
  Asia calls  =      0     0     0     0   224
  JA calls    =      0     0     0     0   455
  Ocen calls  =      0     0     0     0    99
  Total calls =      0     0     0     0  2480

-----------------------
                          CQ WW PHONE 2004 21 MHZ OH2BH

  HOUR   15SSB   TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------   -----   -----
   23       2       2       2

    0      58      58      60
    1      26      26      86
    2       0       0      86
    3       0       0      86
    4      21      21     107
    5      53      53     160
    6      72      72     232
    7     138     138     370
    8     135     135     505
    9     139     139     644
   10      85      85     729
   11      92      92     821
   12      73      73     894
   13      68      68     962
   14      61      61    1023
   15      80      80    1103
   16      34      34    1137
   17      40      40    1177
   18      27      27    1204
   19      15      15    1219
   20      58      58    1277
   21      66      66    1343
   22      19      19    1362
   23      10      10    1372

    0       0       0    1372
    1       0       0    1372
    2       0       0    1372
    3       0       0    1372
    4       0       0    1372
    5      43      43    1415
    6      65      65    1480
    7     130     130    1610
    8     120     120    1730
    9     113     113    1843
   10     150     150    1993
   11      70      70    2063
   12     120     120    2183
   13     124     124    2307
   14      75      75    2382
   15      34      34    2416
   16      28      28    2444
   17      10      10    2454
   18      11      11    2465
   19      10      10    2475
   20       5       5    2480

  TOTAL  2480

 This is to certify that in the contest I have operated my transmitter
within
 the limitations of my license and have observed fully the rules and
 regulations of the contest.