[CCF] CQWW CW OH4A(OH6QU) SOSB/20 HP

Jari Koski OH6QU oh6qu at netikka.fi
Sun Jan 9 16:30:08 EST 2005

Meinasi ihan unohtua CQ WW CW:n lokin lähetys...

Tällä kertaa meinasi ihan huumori loppua kun 10 asteen pakkasessa rassasi
maston suunnanosoitusta kuntoon siinä onnistumatta ja tiesi, että nukkuminen
ennen kontestia jää hetki hetkeltä lyhyemmäksi.

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH6QU
Station: OH4A

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Nr. Salo
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2339    38      132
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2339    38      132  Total Score = 851,020

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Mr. Murphy ruined pretty much my motivation before the contest even
got started: out of two towers I had one tower not rotating and the
other one rotating but no direction indication in the ham shack. I
tried my best to fix the problems but one hour before the contest
did start I had to give up and go to sleep just for half an hour.

When the contest got started the band was only partially open and
after some QSOs I made the decision not to continue the contest but
go to sleep again and pull the plugs from the radio next morning.

After 4 hours of sleep I was in much better mood and I decided to
have some QSOs before packing equipment and driving 400 km back to
home. But after a few hours and several hundreds of QSOs in the log I
was ready to continue until end of contest :-)

Despite all the trouble with the towers it was a good contest for
me. I made my best SO20M/HP claimed score ever.

Thanks everyone who worked OH4A! QSL via OH6LI (via buro).

Equipment:
Yaesu FT-1000MP
Commander HF-2500/kW
6 x 4 el monoband yagis in two fully rotable towers; 4 over 4 over
4 on 42m (140') tower and 4 over 4 over 4 on 45m (150') tower
2 el delta loop fixed to EU at few meters above the ground

73 and cuagn next year,
Jari OH6QU