[CCF] Scandinavian Activity Contest - A proposal

SM5AJV sm5ajv at chello.se
Mon Nov 21 16:01:54 EST 2005

SCANDINAVIAN ACTIVITY CONTEST - A PROPOSAL

To:
Nordic contest managers
LA4YW, OH6LI, OZ5WQ, SM3CER

CC:
The contest reflectors
ccf at contesting.com, toec at contesting.com, oz-contest at contesting.com

BACKGROUND
During an informal contest meeting held in Stockholm, the 17:th of
November 2005,
the Scandinavian Activity Contest (SAC) was discussed. All participants
agreed
that the SAC contest is a valuable contest to promote and make more
popular than it is today. Two proposals came up.

CONTEST DATES
We propose that the contest dates for SAC CW and SAC SSB are changed
to the following dates. This is a very urgent wish in order to avoid
having SAC SSB and CQWW RTTY at the same weekend.

SAC SSB: third weekend in September
SAC  CW: first weekend in October

CONTEST COMMITTEE
We propose a SAC Contest Comittee. The members of the committee
from each country, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, are the national
contest manager and one additional person. In total the committee will
consist of eight individuals. The chairman is the contest manager from
one of the countries and the chairman is changed once every year among
the member countries.

The committe is suggested to be responsible for
the handling of (for example):

- Rule changes
- Shared log checking responsibility and timely
  presentations of results.  In order to lessen
  the burden on single individuals, the committee
  will contribute in this area every year.
- Handling awards and plaques
- International promotion of SAC
- Maintaining a SAC promotion Web site

73 from
SM0WKA, SM5AJV, SM5AQD SM5COP, SM5HJZ, SM5IMO, SM5INC, SM6JSM