[CCF] CQWW SSB CU2A(OH2UA) SOAB HP

Toni Lindén oh2ua at oh2u.com
Tue Nov 14 10:48:51 EST 2006

Ei olleet "lentokelit" SSB:llä etelästäkään...
CW:llä yritetään sitten uudestaan!

73 de Toni, OH2UA

Ps. Muistakaa ilmoittautua OH6XX:lle CCF:n joukkueisiin! Mukaan kelpaavat
kaikki Single op asemat,
niin isot kuin pienetkin.

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: CU2A
Operator(s): OH2UA
Station: CU2CE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:  181    11       48
   80:  368    15       63
   40: 1128    20       77
   20: 1526    27       95
   15: 1601    28      101
   10: 1002    18       84
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

It was one of the toughest contests for me so far. Before the contest I got
flu
and only a couple of hours after the beginning of the contest I felt like
losing my voice. I was quite sure not to be able to make a full 48 hours,
but
fortunately I was wrong.

There was quite much antenna work this time and it took me two full days up
on
the tower to replace the lower tribander with a new one and repair the
40mtrs
2el yagi. It was quite a challenge to take off the driven element of 2el
yagi
up on the tower in a descent storm.

Fortunately I got all antenna work done during Wednesday and still had some
time to get ready for the contest. The start was really slow and I tried all
could, but first three hours were less than 100Q´s / hour. Only after five
hours I was able to break the 500 Q´s line and I was waiting high bands to
open up.

10mtrs was a big surprise and when the band opened, nice European pileup
began
and produced some good hours with rates of 244/286/244. A little after
Europeans faded out, the stateside stations began to build up and one hour
of
253Q's was still ran on 10mtrs before band closed.

Somehow I felt that low bands were really poor this time and I had huge
problems getting run going on 40mtrs. Maybe because most of Europeans can go
up
to 7200 kHz, NA stations won't listen down anymore.

This time it was particular hard to work Asian stations. During the entire
contest I worked only one (1) JA station and missed almost every Asian
multiplier! During Sunday I was looking for Asia in every possible point,
but
NIL.

20mtrs was so hard this time. There were not a single frequency free and if
was able to find a descent spot, it was only a matter of time when there was
59+40 splatter on my frequency making listening almost impossible. But I
know
it was same for all!

I'm so lucky to have such a good team around CU2A station. Without a help of
CU2CE, CU2DX and CU2BV in Azores and OH2BH and OH2PM in Finland I would not
be
able to put CU2A on the air, not at least for almost 6000 Q's. Also my
sincere
thanks to Paula, CU2YL, for taking so good care of me!

See ya in CW at CU2A (SOAB HP) de Toni, OH2UA

Ps. More information at www.cu2a.com