[CCF] Attractiveness of SAC vs. other contests

Jouko Häyrynen jouko.hayrynen at kolumbus.fi
Sun Apr 22 06:05:41 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I listened last night how EU-Sprint, YU-DX, 4Z-Holyland, EA-Qrp, Motorola QSO
Party, MDC contest and possibly many more, had their “QRM Party”.
Lots of frustrated occasional contesters in bands. You can notice that from
their behaviour.

We still have relatively open bands for SAC, but that should not be taken as
given.
If SAC will not occupy the spectrum effectively, i.e. the number of participants
is not appropriate, we may assume other contests to appear in SAC time slots.
Therefore, I would like to encourage the NRAU and contest organisations in
Scandinavia to make concrete efforts to keep SAC attractive and competitive.
The proposed, permanent SAC Contest Committee, would have its agenda ready now!
Whatever we do, let us do it together.
SAC = the lowest common nominator in Scandinavian Contesting.

Good station refurbishing season ahead to all - sommaren är kort !

73s
de Jouko OH1RX