[CCF] OH8X - CQWW WPX 2007 SSB - SOAB HP

Luoma-aho Pasi Pasi.Luoma-aho at sysopendigia.com
Tue Mar 27 10:33:12 EST 2007

OH8X - CQWW WPX 2007 SSB - SOAB HP

Call: OH8X
Operator(s): OH6UM
Station: OH6KN/OH8NC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Arkala
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   57
   80:  183
   40:  519
   20: 1698
   15:  268
   10:    0
------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Had some hopes of improving my SOAB score from last year, especially by
putting
a lot more effort on low bands.  But...  Well, after the first night
those
hopes were (mostly) gone...  Not a whisper heard from W/VE during the
first
night on 40-160m and the handful midday JA's on 20m had an unusually
biiiig
flutter in their signals.

After recognizing the first night's poor condx I should "of course" have
taken
most of the rest periods during the first 15 hours or so, but
unfortunately I'm
not that tough guy yet... :)

Anyway, the station worked perfectly, and it was much fun to operate a
contest
again.  Saturday evening finally even produced some decent NA runs on
20m.  The
short opening to JA on 15m on Sunday was one of the few highlights of
the
contest.

MNI TNX again Veijo OH6KN & Juha OH8NC !

73 de Pasi OH6UM/OH2IW