[CCF] OH1VR/VP9 SOSB 14 MHz LP

Seppo Sisatto Seppo.Sisatto at uta.fi
Mon Nov 26 12:59:27 EST 2007

CQ WW CW 2007

Station:
OH1VR/VP9

SOSB 14 MHz LP
Operating hours: abt 24

QSO's     2124
Zones       28
Countries  108
Points    5191

SCORE: 705 976

Station: IC-7000 + Cushcraft A4S + Win-Test

QTH by Ed Kelly VP9GE

Remarks: Once again a great contest. Everything
worked as I planned beforehand (this was not a
very serious participation). Propagation on 14 MHz was
not too good - in August during my first visit
to Ed's place bands were much better. Only two
JA's in the log, lost ZL as double multiplier etc.
Zone 1 (KL7CQ) was worked during the last hour
and zone 2 (VE2IM) called me just before that.
Anyway by my short experience Bermuda is a good
contest location. 1000 km distance from mainland
USA makes a difference when working to Europe.

Bermuda is a beautiful island in the middle of
Golf stream that keeps the climate warm year around.
It's worth of visiting: e.g. the price of flights
via New York is about 700 euros. And the QTH:
please look at Ed's web site: http://www.qsl.net/vp9ge/

Seppo OH1VR