[CCF] FW: CQ160 CW OH4AB(@OH4MFA) Multi-Op HP

Jukka Tarvainen tarjuk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 13:12:49 EST 2008

Hei!

27 OH-asemaa logissa. Kiitokset meidät workkineille!

Pojat yrittää myös fooneosassa.

73 ja viikonloppua
Jukka OH4MFA

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OH4AB
Operator(s): OH4KBC, OH4KEC, OH4KZM, OH4MDY, OH4MFA
Station: OH4MFA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Pieksämäki
Operating Time (hrs): 38

Total:  QSOs = 863  State/Prov = 18  Countries = 62  Total Score = 377,920

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Couple of years ago we activated our club callsign in CQ 160 contest and it
was
time to do it again. Our goal was to have great fun and make a new club
record.
Five dedicated operators were available, some first timers with N1MM logging
software. They got used to it quickly. This time we used OH4MFA/OH4KZM's
station. Parasitic vertical array and half wave dipole were used for
transmitting and few Beverage antennas for receiving. Rig was Elecraft
K2/100
with Yaesu FT-920 as backup and amplifier for each TX antenna. W7IUV preamp
for
RX.
Conditions were good. We got many more North American multipliers than
before.
Many UA9, few JA and Africa in log. VK or SA was not heard. Band was very
busy,
but sometimes we manage to find CQ frequency. In the beginning we did more
search&pouncing that produced quite many multipliers. Ham shack temperature
was
around 27 C most of weekend, but sauna was hotter. Congrats to other OH
stations
for great scores. We need to do some more practice and antenna work to make
race
tighter. Thank you for all who answered our CQ and to those who heard us
calling. We are sorry, if we missed someone who tried to call us. We heard
some
nice DX, but we could not get through. It was very nice weekend and we
almost
doubled our club record. See you in CQ 160 SSB!

73 de OH4AB contest team

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/