[CCF] Muista IOTA! Fw: IOTA Contest activation.

oh6rx at netti.fi oh6rx at netti.fi
Fri Jul 17 23:53:38 PDT 2009

Ohessa erään peditsuunin muistutus...

--- Alkuperäinen viesti ---
Aihe: [CCF] IOTA Contest activation.
Lähetetty: 17.7.2009 21:39
Lähettäjä: CHRIS COLCLOUGH [chrisg1vdp at btinternet.com]
With the IOTA contest just around the corner I thought the news below might be of interest to the members of the CCF. Could you please publish in the CCF news next week.

GW/IOTA
EU-124 - The Strumblehead DX and Contest group have now sealed the
final permission to activate Ramsey Island (EU-124), off the West Wales
coast, from the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds who own the
island. They will be active from 18:00 24th July through to 14:00 27th
July taking in the IOTA contest. They will be active using the club
call MC0SHL for the whole duration of the operation, and using MW9W in
the contest. They will be on all bands from 80M through to 10M SSB.
There is also some 30M RTTY planned by G1VDP if the other guys allow
him, with participation in the last 80M Club Championships DATA
section. They will be operational using generators as power. Radios
used will consist of 2 K3's and a Yaesu FT1000MP MkV and amplifiers.
Antennas will consist of a Hexbeam, a windom and dipoles. Most of the
activation is for the WAB award scheme as the square is semi rare and
has not been activated for some time. We will be looking for JA and
Asia in our mornings and evening on all bands. The team will be on from
the
farm for a few days before and after using the GB0WFF for the World
Flora and Fauna award see http://www.wff44.com for award details, and
using the MC0SHL club call and erecting a tower for Rob MW0RLJ. The
island will not only count for the WAB award but will also count for
the WFF award. A special QSL card printed for both club calls, full
details are on the groups website http://www.mc0shl.com . QSL via the
groups manager M0URX.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris Colclough