[CCF] Help offered for SAC log checking and post-operations

Kim Östman kim.ostman at abo.fi
Fri Oct 2 02:28:22 PDT 2009

Hi,

Although SM seems to be on the verge of victory over OH in
this year's SAC, I think it is only fair that the great effort of
SM3CER and SM7LQV with the new and exciting SAC
website be reciprocated in some small measure with an offer
to help.

So instead of simply whining about exorbitantly long log checking
times and other related things but doing nothing to help, I'd like to
offer my help for example in the form of typing in received
paperlogs into digital format. This is something I've done for
a previous edition of SAC, but it often seems to be the stated
reason for long delays in getting out results. I'll gladly consider
giving any other type of needed help that expedites the log
checking process.

Now with the excellent log submitting system, a log checking
software in place, and help with paper logs, am I completely
off base in suggesting that we could have the final results for
SAC 2009 by the beginning of December, one month after
the log submitting deadline? I may well be because I don't have
practical experience with the log checking process, but perhaps it
is good to inject some computer-age naivete like this at times :)
Certainly such speed would bode well for any advertising efforts
of SAC in the future, contrasting it against all the "traditional"
contests where you are lucky to get any results under 6 months
from the race itself.

Please let me know if I can help.

Thanks again for all your efforts, I am quite excited about
the SAC changes brooding under and above the surface.

73
Kim OH6KZP