[CCF] CQWW SSB ennakoita

Toni Lindén oh2ua at oh2u.com
Wed Oct 21 15:43:36 PDT 2009

Vuoden suurimpaan kontestiin, CQWW SSB kisaan, on aika kaksi yötä.

Kisan ennakkotunnelmia ja spekulointeja voi käydä lukemassa vaikka
osoitteesta www.radio-sport.net

Alla vielä CT1BOH:n postaus CQ-Contest reflektorille uusiin CQWW:n
sääntöihin liittyen.

73 de Toni, OH2UA (@CR2X)

I just received an e-mail from Box Cox CQWW Contest Director regarding
CQWW Observer program. You can read the e-mail at the end of this
post.
Taking into account that I (CT1BOH) am a member of CQWW Contest
Committee, please do note that my post is in my quality of competitor
in the contest.

The important points in the letter are:

? The CQWW CC seeks my permission to have an observer during my next operation
? The stated reason is I have done well in the past
? The CQWWCC wants my confirmation if I will participate in the CQWW CW Contest
? The CQWWCC informs me that similar letters were sent to W2SC, YT1AD
and RD3AF, among others

My comments are:

1. I have already confirmed that CR3E/CT1BOH station is open to any
CQWW Observer.

2. I welcome CQWW Contest Committee decision to implement the Observer
program and to inspect one of its members at the very start of the
program

3. At the time I am writing this, only I, CT1BOH/CT3NT have announced
a CQWW CW operation (http://www.ng3k.com/Misc/cqc2009.html), so it is
very interesting to note that one doesn?t need to announce an
operation to be subject of a possible observer inspection. I believe
if one thinks he can skip an inspection, he will receive a request for
an inspection the next year and the next...

4. Trying to understand the rational behind the inspections selection
I did a small exercise: If  I award 5,4,3,2,1 points for position
#1,2,3,4,and 5 respectively in the CQWW SOAB category for the last
five years the result is: CT1BOH 18 points, YT1AD 14 points, W2GD 11
points, W2SC 7 points, N2NT 6 points. You can compare that the
callsigns in my exercise are very close to to the list of stations to
inspect. CQWW CC is adopting a correct policy for inspectors to top
contenders

Two final remarks:

1.
Until now people supposedly trusted each other and/or whenever there
was an extraordinary performance usually one of the two possibilities
was present: either the operator is a top class operator or he is a
cheater (he cheats with packet, he cheats with power, he cheats with
additional operators filling-in, etc.) With the observers program, the
doubt of the potential cheater is finally erased.
2.
The observer program puts the cheater into a big dilemma:

? Operate the contest according to the rules, and have a score not
matching the scores of past years, when there were no observers
? Not operate the Contest, present an excuse and let the cast of
cheater?s doubt deepen

Today is a great day for contesting!

P.S. Dilemma definition: Problem offering at least two solutions, of
which none are practically acceptable.

Hope to see you all from CR3E.

73 Jos? Nunes
CT1BOH / CR3E