[CCF] SAC 2010 marketing???

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 11:36:53 PDT 2010

Hello Fellow SAC Friends!

Less than two weeks remain until the Scandinavian Activity Contest 2010
takes place.

Maybe I am not correct, maybe I have looked at the wrong places...  but my
feeling is that SAC 2010 has so far not been advertised at all!  As a
participant of year 2009, with a log submitted and approved, I would have
thought at least an email should have been received from the organizers of
SAC 2010 - namely EDR.

Am I the only one who has not received an email with some welcoming words
from EDR?

I have checked most major contesting sites and forums, and with few
exceptions (if any), NOTHING has been said about SAC 2010.

We have a BIG CHANGE this year - the move of the SAC SSB leg from the 4th
weekend of September until the 2nd Weekend of October. That important change
MUST be advertised in advance, otherwise we will have hundreds of foreign
stations waiting on the frequencies as always at 1200 UTC on Saturday,
September 25th. When they realize that no Scandinavians will appear - be
sure that the disappointment and the bad PR will not wait...

In the years 2006 and 2007, the total amount of SAC logs were 1263 and 1337.

In the years 2008 and 2009, the total amount of SAC logs were 1825 and 1839.

An increase of roughly 40% the past two years compared to the two previous
years has been achieved - not through increased sunspots, but through hard
work with marketing and advertising.

My concern is that we will have the same amount of total SAC logs year 2010
as we had in 2006 and 2007 - and this simply because the organizers of SAC
2010 completely have failed to perform marketing...  Am I the only one who
considers this a problem?

How shall we convince the HF Contest Managers of two countries to change
their approach - and realize that SAC deserves better attention and better
efforts than this?

For how long shall we remain ostridges, and hide our heads in the sand...
and hope that "SAC will take care of itself"?

Looking forward to your feedback and comments how we in SM and OH shall
successfully change the focus on SAC to a better, more dedicated and active
one?

73 de R3/SM6LRR, Mats