[CCF] No worries mate!

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 00:18:47 PDT 2010

I agree and disagree at the same time ;)

My idea about the formation of the Contest Committee is to have ONE
representative from EACH of the existing countries (OZ, LA, OH and SM) with
possibly a foreign active SAC enthusiast as the 5th Member (this should
absolutely not be me) ;)

Instead of being afraid of decreased interest from OZ and LA, a new
committee could more than well be a catalyst for better co-operation. I have
already started to involve OZ and LA contesters in several ways and the
interest for co-operation and closer contacts definitely exists from their
side to.

The composition and personal chemistry of the SAC Contest Committee is the
key success factor. If we do not have active contesters in the group, and if
they do not talk regularly, we will have no progress. The ideal Contest
Committee member should be an enthusiast for SAC and not just someone who
deserved the position after long activity on the bands in the past... This
is the key problem we have today with the existing SAC Committee. Sorry for
being frank.

My aim is not to change the HF Contest Managers in each country. This is by
no means my task, needless to say. What I try to work for is to have a 100%
motivated group of people in the SAC Contest Committee. The HF Managers can
focus their efforts on improving and organizing the contest work in their
countries, others can focus on development of SAC.

Is that dangerous or threatening to the Nordic contest community?

73 de LRR