[CCF] Pileup.ru

ilkka korpela ilkka.korpela at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 01:37:27 PDT 2011

Hi

  (comment to CT1BOH's msg, forwarded by OH1NOA)

  We could do better by having WCC, World Contest Club, all
  contesters and clubs represented with goals such as:

  - coordinating contest time tables and rules
  - promoting contesting software, both on the participant
    and organizer side, incl. websites & other tools
  - getting these lonely wolves (e.g. the guy behind pileup.ru)
    to serve even larger masses

  Examples can be found in many sports, international
  central organizations (good and bad of course). Now we
  seem to be closest to that of boxing.

  We have had IARU, but I don't see any of the abovel listed happening.
  Instead, I have seen uncoordinated "hastle and fuss" (puuhastelu) with
  some sort of local flavor (like our SAC). I'm a fan of the IARU HF
contest though
  a lot, and mostly as it is 24 hours. With the aging contesting
  (c.f. radiosporting) community, this length-issue is one
  thing that could be discussed. 24 hours in max limit for me, for example.

  In this respect I now (finally) have realized that CCF's WMCC attempt is
  actually a brilliant way of approaching these issues. And it is really
  needed, if not all of us (me included), have perceived this so well.
  So good luck with WMCC.

br ilkka, SO1V (single-op-one-vacuum), having a bk from operating.