[CCF] Q on SAC rules "ENN ###"

ilkka korpela ilkka.korpela at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 03:11:58 PDT 2011

Hi!

Thanks to OH6KZP for making this aspect so clear. Of course there are
many indicators for a good QSO. "2xTime", "2xBand/Freq", "2xRST", 2x###",
"2 x CALL" log-columns come quickly to my mind, when I'm thinking of the
algorithm.
"2x" refers to the two logs being compared.

The 2-kopek-boys listed just three out of five, and the list above is the 1
ruble
or 5 drachma equivalent.

* Time-offsets - easy to figure out - what is allowed? Which of the two is
wrong?
* Band - can easily go wrong if the radio is not connected to the computer.
Who
is to be punished, and how to figure out who actually is wrong....
* RST, CALL and ### are easy to compare for equality.

Of course, if CALLs don't match and the time-tags are wrong, you don't even
know which two logs to compare. Programmers nightmare - it seems.

Any logic in the log checking is OK, as long as it makes some sense and is
written
to the rules. Here "we" can make improvements for 2012, saying this, I admit
that
I saw some version of the new rules (PileUP! 15(3)) before they were
announced,
and could not perceive this lack. Only realized it now, when SAC is on the
doorstep.

ilkka, OH1WZ

All looks good in space, except that at 2240GMT yesterday, a CME sent stuff
our way.
This is expected to mix the ions on 16th, Friday. Let's hope that Wed-Fri we
don't
see any more of these. So far looks good, Flux > 130, which was
underestimated in the
PileUP! propagation forecasts.