[CCF] [3830] SAC CW OH8X(OH1WZ) SOAB HP

ilkka korpela ilkka.korpela at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 11:24:08 PDT 2011

Kopio tälle palstalle, pari typoa korjattuna.

Date:  Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:05:05 -0700

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OH8X
Operator(s): OH1WZ
Station: OH8X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

   80:  218    35
   40:  511    48
   20:  693    63
   15:  430    58
   10:   65    26
-------------------
Total: 1917   230  Total Score = 1,032,240

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Operators       : OH1WZ

Soapbox         : An experience in a league of its own. It also made me
                  happy to hear the big QSO-numbers
                  by the Non-Scandinavian ops. So much effort was
                  put to the agigation campaigns (marketing) by many.

                  I was aiming at a much higher score, but the heavy aurora
                  didn't obey aluminium. Yet again, must say that most
                  of my energy was worn out in Aug-Sept with PileUP!, and
                  the contest was not that important anymore. I was happy
                  knowing that my three little boys saw daddy do the crazy
                  stuff via the webcam!

                  I also warmly thank Kari OH5LF for his Zorro-act of letting
                  Kim to run his station. Now Kim experienced OH5LF, which
                  I did during the previous cycle. We all were somewhat younger
                  then. Funny.

                  Needless to say, I was well tended. I felt like Tarzan,
                  who was hoisted to the tree before the filming began. OH2UA,
                  OH6KN and OH8CW in particular were troubled by me. Knowing
                  that Junnu is fine, on the way back home, was the highlight
                  of the whole 5-day trip.

                  Let's be friendly during the SSB part. If we are as many as
                  we were on CW, we will ultimately not fit inside the spectrum
                  that is available.

                  ILKKA, Viikki (where hundreds of geese are resting on the
                  field, on the way to south)