[CCF] WAE CW OH2BH(OH6KZP) Single Op HP

Kim Östman kim.ostman at abo.fi
Mon Aug 13 02:15:00 PDT 2012

Moi,

Tällainen WAE CW. Jos joku salakuunteli/-katseli feedin kautta,
laittakaahan palautetta. Vaikka anonyymisti jos ei muuten kehtaa
tunnustaa :)  Saadaan sitten hyvää pohjaa yhteisen hyvän
jatkokehittämiselle. Kiinnostusta tuntui joka tapauksessa olevan,
parhaimmillaan oli 12 striimiä aktiivisena.

Huomasin itse ainakin, että feedi otti vain yhden audiokanavan, eli
kakkosradion (oikean korvan/kanavan) ääni ei tullut läpi.

- Kim

------
                     WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: OH2BH
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH2BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Pusula
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

    80:   39    46    25
    40:  164   166    57
    20:  486   942    74
    15:  492   979    77
    10:   53    79    35
-------------------------
Total: 1234  2212   643  Total Score = 2,214,492

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

My first WAE in about 11 years I think. Conditions on Saturday were
quite good,
then there was a clear drop on Sunday morning and early afternoon, whereas
Sunday evening was a bit better.

However, I was surprised how quickly one just runs out of stations to work in
this contest! Especially on Sunday it was frustrating to hear a lot of
(worked)
DX signals of 599+10/20 dB when the harvest from calling CQ was very meager.
Managed to squeeze 3 "ESP" QSOs to W-land on 10m.

Receiving QTCs was good CW practice. Especially when some rev up the speed to
~40 WPM when sending them :)

Also experimented with a live audio+video feed through cqcontest.ru as a
concept test for the Scandinavian Activity Contest (CW on 15-16 Sep, SSB on
13-14 Oct). The constraints of the small shack were such that I ended up
attaching the webcam to the lamp in the ceiling when doing my quick-and-dirty
installation. Spectators were treated to "moving fingers" instead of the usual
documentary "talking heads"....

Many thanks to Martti OH2BH and Leena OH2BE for their hospitality and to all
for the QSOs!

73
Kim OH6KZP