[CCF] WPX CW OH10X(OH6KZP) SOSB15 HP

Kim Östman kim.ostman at abo.fi
Sun May 27 20:30:47 PDT 2012

Kiitos OH-kusoista!

-----Original Message-----

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OH10X
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH2BH

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: Pusula
Operating Time (hrs): 28

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2215
   10:
------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

What a nice contest. I really enjoy this time of the year (apart from being
allergic to birch pollen), as there is something magical about Finnish
nature waking up after the long winter. WPX CW gives the opportunity to
observe that at hours of the day when one would normally be asleep. The
absence of complete darkness accompanied by birds chirping through the open
window while awaiting dawn is really beautiful.

Sadly I could not put in a full effort this year, as I was constrained by
work-related travel immediately before and after the contest. On the other
hand, my internal clock was set quite optimally thanks to heavy jet lag. It
was no effort getting up at 3 a.m. local for the start to check the band and
have a few QSOs. Furthermore, 15m was so good the second night that I didn't
go to bed until ~04z, the time my body was used to anyway!

The band was in splendid shape, so apart from fatigue (hence not much
S&P) it was really enjoyable to operate, and I'm happy with the new claimed
OH record score. The award for biggest observed DX signal is shared by
JO3JIS and K1LZ, who both registered 599+35dB. Strangely, I worked a total
of 68 duplicates, which is much more than usual. I suspect the special
callsign is the reason, with OH1OX probably being a common miscopy.
Interestingly enough I also worked more XE stations than in any earlier
contest, which was cool.

This was the first time I used the live scoreboard at cqcontest.ru.
Getting it to work with Win-Test was easy, and I was also quite impressed
with the score visualization tools at the site. Racing with OH1F in the same
category was fun, as was following the SOAB match up north between OG73X and
OH8X. Hopefully more and more stations will start using the scoreboard,
since it brings an added flavor to the competition.

Thanks to the Radio Arcala team and to Martti OH2BH for the opportunity to
use his station. And thanks to all for the QSOs!

73
Kim OH6KZP

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/