[CCF] Retro NRAU @ OH1WZ

Ilkka Korpela Ilkka.Korpela at Helsinki.fi
Mon Jan 14 00:13:31 EST 2013

Hi

   Paper, pencil, el-bug without memory (manual CW),
   dupes in the log when searching and pouncing. Quite
   nostalgic.

   What I did not have (some might say 'missed')

   * reverse beacon call/freq data (band mapped)
   * local sdr call/freq data (band mapped)
   * See-click-log -QSOs
   * Quick electronic dupe checking
   * Error-free machine CW (helps being RBN'd)

   -------------

   Thanks to OH6KZP for providing me with a FT1000mkV.
   => So I did not use OH2PM's TS-830S in my shack (I've
   demolished all my old external el-keyers), which I should
   have to get the right feeling of the early 80's, which is when
   Tonno & Kim still peed in their pants.

   What was nice was the good CW activity especially
   from YL-land. Very few LA-stations, or they all called
   CQ and I missed them similar to OH6RX, OH4XX, OH2PM et al.
   The condx were great with good skips ranging 50-1000 km.

   Nice two hours altogether, ilkka OH1WZ

--
Ilkka Korpela
http://www.helsinki.fi/~korpela