[CCF] WPX SSB OH9A(OH1NOA) SO(A)SB10 HP

Timo Klimoff timo.klimoff at dnainternet.net
Mon Mar 31 07:25:46 EDT 2014

OH-rekordi ei aiheuttanut suurempia puristuksia sillä se on 115k :)

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: OH9A
Operator(s): OH1NOA
Station: OH1AF

Class: SO(A)SB10 HP
QTH: Pori
Operating Time (hrs): 34

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1897
------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

FT-1000D + Alpha 91B
Ant: 4/4/4/4el yagis, 6el yagi

My original plan was to travel to ES9C but I had to cancel my trip because
of health issues earlier this week (neck and shoulder pain + painkillers
combination is not good for hardcore contesting and travelling). Instead I
went to our club to work some daytime band "just for fun".

10m was better than I expected. On Saturday the start was lazy (1st QSO
0426Z), JH4UYB was audible with S7 signal two hours before he could hear me.
Then later in the morning I got some JA run. USA started very poorly, it was
not until 1600Z when the band was runnable. Good runs even to West Coast,
although over the pole propagation never happened. Last qso was with CA3 at
2155Z.

On Sunday the band was open much earlier, the first qsos were after 0330Z,
ZM90DX was one of the first ones. Now JA run was more or less "in the right
time". USA opening had similar phenomenon than on Saturday - I couldn't get
rate before 1600Z. Then band held open till 2000Z.

I was pleased to work new OH record and even manage to get over 1000
multipliers. And I passed also OH1F's (by OH1TM) 14 year old unassisted
record which I did not believe to happen on Saturday when I had less than 1k
qsos.
What was again dissapointing thing is that it seems to be impossible to
compete Mid/South Europe on 10 meters. 16 elements and 1500 watts is not
enough against tribanders and SB220s ...