[CCF] WPX CW OG0A(OH6KZP) SOSB15 HP

Kim Östman kim.ostman at abo.fi
Mon May 26 01:24:32 EDT 2014

TNX OH-QSOista!

73
Kim

-----Original Message-----

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OG0A
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH0X

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: Brando
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2103
   10:
------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

My original plan was to do a SOSB10 effort, but conditions were such that I felt
SOSB15 would make for a more interesting weekend. The band was nice at times,
but there seemed to be a lack of participants. Anyway, the score is sufficient
for a new OH0 record.

On Saturday the band stayed open quite late, after coming back to life from a
two-hour slow period around 15z. News of radio station thunderstorm damage on
the mainland reached me in the evening, so when I saw that the storm was
approaching Åland I decided to play it safe and closed down at 2245z even
though the band was still in good shape.

On Sunday, the post-sunset DX conditions were nice until the end of the
contest. Signals from W/JA were good, but there were no stations left to
work... Heavy QSB at times with ESP QSOs. Isn't it funny how the signal almost
always fluctuates so that you copy the 599 report perfectly, but then the SNR
drops for the serial number part :)

A fun local battle with OH1F on cqcontest.net! Thanks to the Brändö Island
Group and the Radio Arcala team for this opportunity,

73
Kim OH6KZP